Our one-container model spec home, now in place above Playa Hermosa
- We started building this basic one-container model spec home last year. It is our own third build. The first was a luxury four-container residence.
- We have just moved it to one of our 1.25-acre (5,000 sq m) Playa Hermosa ocean-view lots south of Jacó. It traveled from our partner’s workshop in Escazú on the outskirts of San José. It will shortly be placed on top of another container for a fabulous ocean view. CONTACT US FOR A SHOWING!
- Click here for a fabulous drone video of the lots. The brown areas are the building pads.
- The shipping container home was built in San José by Mueble America, a Costa Rican company founded in 1971.
- Mueble America has already built seven portable emergency hurricane-proof banks for Scotiabank for use in the hurricane-plagued Caribbean (see photos below), and a four-container efficiency apartment complex in San José.
- This streamlined one-container home has everything: bedroom, bathroom with shower, full kitchen, ample living space, and a room for a washer and dryer.
- It can easily be converted to eco-friendly off-grid living with the installation of solar panels, storage batteries and a water collection system.
- This basic shipping container home can be customized to the buyer’s preferences. With imagination, anything is possible.
- See our offer: a basic, comfortable one-container home on a 1.25-acre ocean view lot starting at $129,000.00.
- SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE FOR PROGRESS UPDATES. THE LATEST PHOTOS OF THE JOURNEY FROM SAN JOSE ARE FIRST, THE REST IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
The container home travels to its location in Playa Hermosa (click on any of the four videos below, or let them run consecutively)
The journey up the Steep Playa Hermosa Hill
Initial Floor Plans
The First Stages
Mueble America’s Container Bank
Getting On With the Work
The Build Continues
Kitchen Cabinets Go In
After the Christmas/New Year Lull
The Roof is Going On